class of '08.

i have to tell you, i miss juilliard.
i miss the people. i miss the faculty.
...i miss my class.
{all 18 of them.}

i miss risa's inspiring words.
i miss larry's ballet class.
i miss joe's jazz warm up.
i miss mr. price's creative writing class.
i miss hanging out in the dance hall with everyone.
i miss hearing musicians practicing 24/7. even in the elevator.
i miss the improv jams with the musicians and actors.
i miss the butterflies before casting is posted.
i miss getting ready backstage.
i miss waiting in the wings to perform.
i miss irene dowd's anatomy quizzes.
i miss falling asleep in dance history.
i miss robert battle + doug varone rehearsals.
i miss the feelings of inadequacy that pushed me to work harder.
i miss being surrounded by creative and artistic people all day long.

but i especially just miss my class of '08.
they continue to be a huge source of where i gain my inspiration from.
i'm so proud of what everyone is up to and accomplishing.

as time passes and i look back,
i realize just how much those 4 years at school shaped me
as a dancer and as a person.
i also realize how much my class of '08 has contributed to
the way i look at my life and what i want from it.
i'm really thankful for that...


'08.



*photo of my class at juilliard. dancing on the street in brooklyn.
photo credit: matt karas.

to see more photos from this shoot, click here.

Followers

Total Pageviews