on journals...

this may come off really cheesy, but sometimes i like cheese.

so, i was watching the bachelor the other day (yes, i watch it. yes, it's a joke. but yes, i absolutely of love it) and one of the contestants started opening up and professing her love for jake, the bachelor. it appeared so sincere and sweet that it got me thinking back to the first time josh told me he had fallen in love with me (it is one of my sweetest memories to date).

as i tried to remember how the conversation went some years ago.... i couldn't. the memory was so blurry and fuzzy and while i remembered things like the t-shirt he was wearing or where we were when he told me, i couldn't remember how he said it or what i said afterwards.

i almost had a panic moment there on the couch as i tried to relive that moment without success. how could one of my favorite memories be so cloudy?

thankfully, back then i was much better at journaling than i am now and since i had written down the experience in detail when it happened, i was able to go back and read what i had written.

i am a huge advocate of journals. i have a few- this blog of photos for family, friends and anyone who wants to read it, a private blog just for me and a little notebook beside my bed. i know some people aren't big journal keepers, but i know i would really regret it if i didn't keep track of the special, difficult or little details of my life.

so i just thought i would post this to say, i think it's important to keep a journal. sometimes i look back and cringe at what i wrote or posted (i was/am so stupid sometimes). but more often than not, i look back and can't believe how far i have come, or how much i have learned, or just how beautiful life is with its ups and downs.

so anyway, i just wanted to say, "please keep a journal."

the end.

*photo of last years valentines day card (or book) i made for my husband.

Followers

Total Pageviews